Alternative Procedures to Design Organisation Approval (ADOA)
Regulation (EC) No 216/2008
on common rules in the field of civil aviation and establishing a European Aviation Safety Agency, and repealing Council Directive 91/670/EEC, Regulation (EC) No 1592/2002 and Directive 2004/36/E. (OJ L 79, 19/03/2008, p. 1)
- Relevant section of Regulation: Articles 5.2(e),18(d),20.2(b)(i),53.1
Commission Regulation (EU) No 748/2012
laying down implementing rules for the airworthiness and environmental certification of aircraft and related products, parts and appliances, as well as for the certification of design and production organisations (OJ L 224, 21.8.2012, p.1-85)
- Relevant section of Regulation: Articles 1(h) & 8
- Annex I to Regulation (EC) No 748/2012 - Part 21 - Certification of aircraft and related products, parts and appliances, and of design and production organisations
- Relevant section of Part 21: Articles 21.A.14(b), 21.A.112B(b), 21.A.432B(b), 21.A.602B(b)(2)
Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC) and Guidance material (GM)
- ED Decision 2012/020/R of 17/10/2012 on acceptable means of compliance and guidance material for the airworthiness and environmental certification of aircraft and related products, parts and appliances, as well as for the certification of design and production organisations ("AMC and GM to Part 21"), and later amendments.
- Relevant section of AMC & GM document:
- Subpart B - 'AMC 21A.14(b) Alternative Procedures'
- Subpart E - 'GM 21A.112B Demonstration of capability for supplemental type-certificate cases'
- Subpart O - 'AMC 21A.602B(b)(2) Procedures for ETSO authorisations'
Templates for manual of procedures:
Lists of Alternative Design Organisation Approvals
Application forms for ADOAs
Following ED Decision 2005/05/C of 23/05/2005, certain application forms have been established.
- See Application forms page (relevant application form: EASA Form 81 for initial application and for approval of changes to procedures).
Any change to the content of the EASA finding of compliance (e.g. change of company name, company address, description of scope of work, procedures references, title or issue/date) shall require an application via this form together with the updated procedures.
Fees & Charges for ADOAs
The European Aviation Safety Agency is applying fees for its certification activities since 1 June 2005.
Starting with the 1st of June 2007, a new scheme of fees is detailed in the 'Fees & Charges' (Commission Regulation (EC) No 593/2007) which was adopted by the European Commission in the week of 31 March 2007 and published in the EU Official Journal on 1 June 2007.
Contacts for Design Organisation Approvals
Inquiries relating to the Agency's Design Organisation Approvals should be addressed to: doa .at. easa .point. europa .point. eu