Production Organisations Approvals
Production Organisation Approvals (POAs) are managed by EASA in accordance with Subpart G of Regulation (EC) No 1702/2003. The agency is responsible for:
- The management of all applications from non EU countries (or from an EU country upon request of that country) for production organisation approvals (POA).
- The issue of related certificates and their continued surveillance.
Further information on POAs
Regulation (EC) No 216/2008
on common rules in the field of civil aviation and establishing a European Aviation Safety Agency, and repealing Council Directive 91/670/EEC, Regulation (EC) No 1592/2002 and Directive 2004/36/E. (OJ L 79, 19/03/2008, p. 1)
- Relevant section of Regulation: Articles 5.2(e), 18(d), 20.2(b)(ii & iii), 20.2(c) 53.1
Initial Airworthiness Regulation
Commission Regulation (EC) No 1702/2003
laying down implementing rules for the airworthiness and environmental certification of aircraft and related products, parts and appliances, as well as for the certification of design and production. (OJ L 243, 27.9.2003, p.6-79)
- Relevant section of Regulation: Articles 1(h) & 4.
- Annex to Regulation (EC) No 1702/2003 - (Part 21) Certification of aircraft and related products, parts and appliances, and of design and production organisations
- Relevant section of Part 21: Subpart G - Production Organisation Approval
Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC) and Guidance Material (GM)
- ED Decision 2003/1/RM of 17 October 2003 on acceptable means of compliance and guidance material for the airworthiness and environmental certification of aircraft and related products, parts and appliances, as well as for the certification of design and production organisations ("AMC and GM to Part 21")
List of Production Organisation Approvals (POA)
Note: These lists provide specific information about each POA. An explanatory note describing the codes and information used in these lists is available in Explanatory note on POA lists
List of all EASA POA's suspended or revoked in accordance with Part 21
|Koito Industries Limited
||Letter EASA D
Working procedures for POAs
ED Decision 2005/01/CF of 25 January 2005 established the Agency's Internal Certification Working Procedures. This decision followed MB Decision 3/2004 of 3 February 2004 of the Management Board concerning the general principles related to the certification procedures to be applied by the Executive Director for issuing of certificates for organisations (referred to by the Agency as the 'OCP Decision').
EASA POA related procedures are integrated into EASA Quality Management System.
Support on POA process
In addition to the essential requirements, their implementing rules and their associated AMC and GM, EASA has developed a user guide with annexes describing the process to apply for an EASA POA and the process to manage an EASA POA.
Forms for Production Organisations
The following forms should be completed by applicants seeking Part 21 Subpart G approval, see Application forms page
- EASA Form 50 - Application for Part 21 POA
- EASA Form 4 - Details of Management Personnel to be accepted as specified in Part 21A.145(c)(2)
Note: the purpose of Form 4 is to enable the POA Team Leader to confirm to the applicant the identity of those managers nominated in accordance with Part 21 Subpart G.
- EASA Form 51 - Application for significant changes or variation of scope and terms of Part 21 POA
Fees & Charges for Production Organisation Approvals
The Agency is applying fees for its certification activities since 1 June 2005. Starting with the 1st of June 2007, a new scheme of fees is detailed in the 'Fees & Charges' (Regulation (EC) No 593/2007) which was adopted by the European Commission in the week of 31 March 2007 and published in the EU Official Journal on 1 June 2007.
- See Regulations/Fees & Charges page (relevant section of the Regulation (EC) No 593/2007: Annex, Explanatory note 3, 11 & Table 8 of Part I) .
Contacts for Production Organisation Approvals
Inquiries relating to the Agency's Production Organisation Approvals should be addressed to: foreignpoa .at. easa .point. europa .point. eu