Network of analysts
The European Aviation Safety Agency has recently established a Network of Analysts (NoA) to provide a formal process to analyse safety data at a European Level. In it's early stages, the membership of the NoA will be drawn from the National Aviation Authorities (NAAs) and Investigation Authorities of all EASA Member States.
The NoA will focus on the following areas of work:
- Understanding what barriers exist to the provision of the best possible safety data and developing ways to improve safety data across europe.
- Agreeing the classification of aircraft accidents in EASA MS.
- Carrying out analysis of safety data to support the European Aviation Safety Plan (EASp) and State Safety Plans, as well as identifying emerging issues for possible inclusion in the future.
- Sharing experiences, good practice and developing safety analysis projects across Europe to enable the European Aviation Community to exploit the ECCAIRS European Central Repository for the benefit of all.
- Providing analysis support to existing EASA groups such as the European Strategic Safety Initiative (ESSI) and the European Human Factors Advisory Group (EHFAG).
For further information about the NoA please contact the
EASA Safety Analysis Coordinator - networkofanalysts .at. easa .point. europa .point. eu.